Over the past four years, our integrated team of researchers (University of Alberta), clinicians and administrators (Edmonton Oliver Primary Care Network), and stakeholders (Alberta Health Services, Government of Alberta) collaborated to develop, refine, and pilot test an eHealth intervention to help parents prevent childhood obesity in primary care.
With gratitude to our generous funding from Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions and the Public Health Agency of Canada, we covered a lot of ground over a short period of time:
– 100+ meetings with Evolution Health Systems, our eHealth intervention developers (who we actually never met in person!)
– 10+ integrated and end-of-grant meetings with our primary care partners and grant team members to discuss research processes, findings, and next steps
– 6 presentations at international-, national-, and local-level conferences and symposiums
– 3 peer-reviewed publications, with an additional one under review at Pediatric Obesity
– 1 PhD thesis
– Countless partnerships that will help to facilitate the next phases of our research
Although our project has ended, planning is underway to extend this research within and beyond Alberta. Stay tuned!